Dear Media is seeking a dynamic Associate Producer to join our growing Originals team. You will play a key role in supporting the Senior Director of Originals and Narrative Producer in producing and launching our slate of non-fiction Limited Series, Scripted Fiction projects, and Always On shows.
What you’ll Do:
- Work with show producers to create production schedules from series concept to final mix delivery
- Cut tape, perform preliminary edits and assemble first cuts of episodes in ProTools
- Listen to all cuts of episodes and provide detailed feedback for edits
- Incorporate editorial notes from the team before delivery to mixer
- Assist in research for series
- Ideate and pitch concepts with Originals team
- Review and organize outlines, research documents, and pitch submissions in Google Drive
- Organize tape/audio in Dropbox
- Assist in studio booking and scheduling recording sessions
- Upload MP3 files/episodes with descriptions to podcast host site on a regular, timely basis
- Coordinate all artwork assets and RSS feed needs for shows
- 2+ years of experience in a production or editorial role, audio-preferred
- Journalism background preferred
- Knowledge of the podcasting industry and landscape
- Strong experience with operating audio hardware and software, including ProTools and an ability to stick to deadlines
- Vetting stories and research skills
- Familiarity with Apple iOS, Google Suite, and Dropbox
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once
- Professionalism and talent relations familiarity/discretion
- Sense of humor
- Avid learner
- Passion for storytelling and great writing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interest in pop culture, news, and entertainment
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
Success Requires That…
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You are a collaborator.
- You know there’s more than one way to solve a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company, team, and our partners.
- You get – and can work in an environment where – often getting to 80% confidence and just going is the best strategy.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You speak in plain language so the room can understand what you’re communicating.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees.
ABOUT DEAR MEDIA:
Dear Media (DM) is the largest podcast network focused on strong female voices and audiences. Founded in 2018, DM hosts 40+ podcasts fronted by top-tier talent and has a following of more than 25M across social channels. DM is building the podcast network of the future through a 360-degree business model, providing unparalleled support from concept to editorial, production, distribution, and commerce extensions. Due to its highly engaged and vast consumer audience, the network attracts global brands and digital savvy partners including American Express, Adidas, Fossil, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Maybelline, Chevrolet, Fabletics, Microsoft, and LinkedIn. Highly Crafted. Compelling Voices. Experience Dear Media.