Dailies Producer – L.A.
Dear Media is seeking a dynamic Dailies Producer to join our growing Originals team. You will play a key role in supporting the Senior Director of Originals in producing and launching our slate of Daily shows.
What you’ll Do:
- Work directly with the host(s) to produce a new format for Dear Media Originals in a short Daily Show that will involve managing the prep, production and post-production for this project and additional dailies on the slate
- Spearhead budgets, schedules, and guest bookings (as necessary)
- Handle research needs, fact-checking, pulling archival or clips (if needed) and write talking points for all episodes to prep host(s) accordingly
- Manage all deliverables including: host read ads, audio and video assets for social/content team, and assets for marketing/publicity needs
- Coordinate audience engagement opportunities (e.g. voicemails, emails)
- Edit podcast audio
- Publish episodes to RSS feed
- 3-5 years of experience in a daily producer or editorial role for radio or podcasts
- Journalism and/or research background is a plus
- Strong written, research, and verbal skills
- Knowledge of the podcasting industry and landscape
- Strong experience with operating audio hardware and software, including ProTools and an ability to stick to deadlines
- Familiarity with Apple iOS, Google Suite, and Dropbox
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once and good under pressure
- Professionalism and talent relations familiarity/discretion
- Sense of humor
- Avid learner
- Passion for storytelling and great writing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interest in pop culture, news, and entertainment
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
Success Requires That…
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You are a collaborator.
- You know there’s more than one way to solve a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company, team, and our partners.
- You get – and can work in an environment where – often getting to 80% confidence and just going is the best strategy.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You speak in plain language so the room can understand what you’re communicating.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.