Head Of Marketing
Dear Media is seeking a Head of Marketing with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead the creative and data-driven marketing teams for Dear Media.
The ideal candidate…
- Lead the day-to-day marketing teams for Dear Media’s podcasts, consumer products, live events, and related initiatives.
- Develop and oversee the development of marketing and public relations plans for the network, podcasts, content published across social video platforms, live events, merchandise, and consumer product advertising.
- Work collaboratively with the talent, development, production, content, casting, business, sales, and legal teams to shape and implement the overall strategic plans for Dear Media.
- Provide support for sales development and help develop sponsor packages for advertising partners.
- Proven expertise and experience working in consumer marketing – at least 7 years of experience ideally in media, entertainment, sports, and/or consumer products.
- Deep understanding of the primary social video platforms and significant experience with content marketing.
- Familiarity with data-driven marketing approaches and the ability to assess and manage agency relationships.
- The ability and desire to be part of teams at early-stage startups.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for media largely created by and for women.
- Awareness of pop culture trends in podcasting, video/television, publishing, music, digital, e-commerce, and social media broadly.
- A network of talented designers, marketers, content creators, and others to draw on as we build our teams.
- Magically creative and loves the creative process.
- Someone with a strategic view and the ability to assess risks and opportunities.
- A leader capable of influencing through trust, communication, logic, and a constructively critical approach.
- A grounded, collaborative team player.
- Someone whose core values are integrity and honesty and whose colleagues describe her/him/they as a problem solver with a “get it done” approach.
- A good business partner with the EQ and communication skills to balance creativity with data-informed decision-making.
- Someone who engages in the process of getting to a decision – then when a decision is made, jumps in the boat with the team and rows in the same direction.
- Someone who wants to both roll up sleeves and do the work while building a team capable of doing the same.
Success Requires That…
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You are a collaborator.
- You know there’s more than one way to solve a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company, team, and our partners.
- You get – and can work in an environment where – often getting to 80% confidence and just going is the best strategy.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You speak in plain language so the room can understand what you’re communicating.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees.