Jr. Graphic Designer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Will work as an in-house graphic designer for all Dear Media creative needs
- Assist lead graphic designer for day-to-day projects while reporting to the manager of content production
- Bring new on-brand ideas to Dear Media’s social and graphic content
- Assist lead graphic designer in branding and aesthetic direction through innovative concepts and design as the brand continues to evolve while upholding the Dear Media brand identity and standards.
- Design on-brand assets for all social media platforms, email templates, ecommerce, and other digital marketing materials
- Create graphic templates for talent and shows
- Design and upkeep company decks and marketing collateral
- Design and create monthly newsletter
- Ensure graphics created support for a strong, focused brand vision
- Collaborate with the content team and other internal departments on graphic design, content production, social planning, and other improvements
- Execute edit requests throughout the whole design process before final output is approved
- Identify new opportunities to elevate Dear Media as a brand and a network
- Work with various timelines, in a fast-paced environment while always delivering creative that is accurate, innovative, and consistent.
- Contribute in team brainstorming sessions on video and social strategies.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- 1-3 years of digital design experience
- High level of technical proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Proven ability to design and animate for all social media platforms
- Have an eye out for what is trending and apply those to create new design concepts
- Have eye for great design, graphic design principles, and typography
- Video editing using Premiere Pro and web design skills are not required but a big plus
- Must possess an attention to detail
- Must be able to give and receive constructive feedback in a team environment.
- Strong executional understanding in how to make impactful micro content for specific audiences and platforms
- Comfortable working with a team but can work independently with minimal supervision
- Eager to take on new challenges and help out where needed
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated managerial capabilities
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Professional attitude; self-managed, self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player with a keen sense of urgency
**REQUIRED: Please include a URL to your portfolio on your resume to be considered for this position.
Success Requires That…
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You know there’s more than one way to approach a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company and team.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees.
About Dear Media:
Dear Media (DM) is the largest podcast network focused on strong female voices and audiences. Founded in 2018, DM hosts 40+ podcasts fronted by top-tier talent and has a following of more than 25M across social channels. DM is building the podcast network of the future through a 360 degree business model, providing unparalleled support from concept to editorial, production, distribution, and commerce extensions. Due to its highly engaged and vast consumer audience, the network attracts global brands and digital savvy partners including American Express, Adidas, Fossil, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Maybelline, Chevrolet, Fabletics, Microsoft, and LinkedIn. Highly Crafted. Compelling Voices. Experience Dear Media.