Dear Media is seeking a full-time Scripted Producer to lead production of multiple Dear Media Original scripted shows.
You will play a key role in supporting the Senior Director of Originals and Managing Producer in launching and expanding our slate of Scripted Fiction projects, and Ongoing shows.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the creative team to ensure that all deliverables are produced and distributed on time and on budget and handled with care, talent relations and high quality service to all partners and listeners
- Create and manage the production budget and schedule from pre-production through post and flag any shifts or issues
- Set up and handle any writers rooms as needed and any union paperwork involved
- Set up and handle all SAG paperwork with applicable parties for all SAG productions
- Coordinate all recording sessions either in-studio or remote
- Source, interview and hire freelancers for productions as necessary
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Content, Production) throughout the process for the project’s campaign needs
- ProTools experience preferred
- Have an exceptional ear for audio storytelling and entertaining content
- 3+ years in audio content development and/or production for podcasts or radio
- Time management and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt from project to project and cater to Dear Media’s tone and high quality standards
- Ability to effectively collaborate with podcast talent (producers, writers, directors, voice actors, and crew) as well as talent reps at all levels
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once
- Professionalism and talent relations familiarity/discretion
- Sense of humor
- Avid learner
- Passion for storytelling and knowledge of story structure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interest in scripted fiction podcasts, TV, and film
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
Success Requires That
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You are a collaborator.
- You know there’s more than one way to solve a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company, team, and our partners.
- You get – and can work in an environment where – often getting to 80% confidence and just going is the best strategy.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You speak in plain language so the room can understand what you’re communicating.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.
What You’ll Get
- Robust benefits package with employer contribution
- Unlimited vacation time
- WFH flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- A rewarding career at an industry-leading company with a strong mission and passionate team
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees.
About Dear Media:
Dear Media (DM) is the largest podcast network focused on strong female voices and audiences. Founded in 2018, DM hosts 40+ podcasts fronted by top-tier talent and has a following of more than 25M across social channels. DM is building the podcast network of the future through a 360 degree business model, providing unparalleled support from concept to editorial, production, distribution, and commerce extensions. Due to its highly engaged and vast consumer audience, the network attracts global brands and digital savvy partners including American Express, Adidas, Fossil, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Maybelline, Chevrolet, Fabletics, Microsoft, and LinkedIn. Highly Crafted. Compelling Voices. Experience Dear Media.