Senior Sales & Brand Partnerships Associate
Dear Media is seeking a full-time Senior Sales & Brand Partnerships Associate. The primary focus of this sales & business development role is to engage with brands and agencies to generate new opportunities and revenue for the shows and talent on our network. You will be empowered to develop and sell through dynamic podcast campaigns, social media inﬂuencer programs, and branded campaigns for scripted content for Dear Media’s portfolio of talent spanning all verticals (CPG, lifestyle, food, travel, parenting, health & wellness) and platforms (Podcasts, YouTube, Instagram, Blogs, TikTok).
- Source new business deals for the Dear Media Network talent and build a sales pipeline of opportunities
- Build proposals, negotiate and redline contracts, and secure branded campaigns for the Dear Media Network talent roster
- Respond to RFP requests and build out media plan deliverables for the Dear Media talent roster
- Deﬁne project KPI’s, objectives, and assumptions necessary to achieve success
- Work internally with Campaign Management and Production departments for media plan deliverables
- Work towards annual and monthly sales goal metrics
- Additional responsibilities as required
Office Hours: M-F 9am-6pm
- 3-4+ year’s experience in securing podcast or social media deals for talent in the traditional and/or digital space
- Must be proactive, resourceful, efficient and have proven experience selling to media agencies
- Relevant experience building out branded campaigns across podcast, blog, Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok, and/or other social media channels.
- Proven Sales & Marketing experience
- New York, Los Angeles, CA or Austin, TX based
- Superior communication, writing and verbal skills with an ability to consult with management
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized
- Ability to meet deadlines and possess follow-through
- Confidence and ability to negotiate deals and understand deal memos between talent and brands
- Marketing savvy, problem-solving and pop culturally aware
- Creative thinker who can brainstorm innovative ideas/strategies
- Positive attitude and strong social skills in speaking to talent and brands
- Strong interest in the growing influencer and podcast space
- Google E-mail / Docs / Calendar (a must)
- Hubspot (a plus)
- Adobe Suite to build pitch decks
- Strong familiarity with Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and all other social platforms
What You’ll Get:
- Robust benefits package with employer contribution
- Unlimited vacation time
- WFH flexibility when the need arises
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- A rewarding career at an industry-leading company with a strong mission and passionate team
Dear Media offers competitive salaries and benefits to all employees. Compensation is determined upon the market in which the position is located, the responsibilities of the position, the experience and skills of the applicant, and other job-related factors. The starting salary range for this Austin, New York, or Los Angeles position is $60-75k.
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees.
ABOUT DEAR MEDIA:
Dear Media is the largest podcast network focused on amplifying women’s voices and audiences. Founded in 2018, DM hosts 80+ podcasts fronted by top-tier talent and has a following of more than 60M across social channels. DM is building the podcast incubator of the future through a 360-degree business model, providing unparalleled support from concept to editorial, production, distribution, and commerce extensions. Due to its highly engaged and vast consumer audience, the network attracts global brands and digital savvy partners.