You’re creative, you love thinking about new and fun ways to make content, you’re naturally keeping a pulse on social media content trends, and you’re a talented video editor and creator with lots of enthusiasm and great communication skills. You have an understanding of the tools and resources necessary to make great social content. You value and understand the importance of speed, creating content for specific social platforms, and value understanding the performance of your creative once it’s distributed.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
We’re looking to find a skilled video editor like you to work with us to make incredible content for every social platform (Instagram, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest etc).
- Create impactful video content on a daily basis for every social platform
- Work within the content calendar to deliver videos on a regular basis
- Quickly and effectively identify moments worth creating and formatting for social content for a variety of brands, shows, and publications
- Collaborate with the content team and other internal departments on video production, social planning, and other improvements
- Contribute in team brainstorming sessions on video and social strategies.
- Pitch creative ideas on how to edit previously recorded and incoming footage from the production team.
- Proactively identify edit inefficiencies and challenges and work collaboratively to implement solutions
- Have your finger on the pulse of internet and meme culture, with a knowledge of current video trends and how to apply the trends to Dear Media content
You must have experience with the Adobe Premiere Pro and are familiar with best practices for video creation on different platforms. You must be comfortable handling multiple edits at a time under tight turn-around times.
- Must have 2+ years of video editing experience
- High level of technical proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Proficient knowledge of color correction, tracking, motion graphic
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
- Must be able to give and receive constructive feedback in a team environment
- Experience with video metrics and platform analytics a big plus
- Strong executional understanding in how to make impactful micro content for specific audiences and platforms
- Basic knowledge on how to use camera, lighting, and audio equipment
- Comfortable working with a team but can work independently with minimal supervision
- Eager to take on new challenges and help out where needed
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated managerial capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Professional attitude; self-managed, self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player with a keen sense of urgency
**REQUIRED: Please include a URL to your portfolio on your resume to be considered for this position.
Success Requires That…
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You know there’s more than one way to approach a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company and team.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees.
About Dear Media:
Dear Media (DM) is the largest podcast network focused on strong female voices and audiences. Founded in 2018, DM hosts 40+ podcasts fronted by top-tier talent and has a following of more than 25M across social channels. DM is building the podcast network of the future through a 360 degree business model, providing unparalleled support from concept to editorial, production, distribution, and commerce extensions. Due to its highly engaged and vast consumer audience, the network attracts global brands and digital savvy partners including American Express, Adidas, Fossil, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Maybelline, Chevrolet, Fabletics, Microsoft, and LinkedIn. Highly Crafted. Compelling Voices. Experience Dear Media.